Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two New Courses by McElhattan

New Offering Courses—GRC 198B

Brandmark
GRC 198B Sec. 005,
[#25519]
T, 12–3:40pm, Cheyenne

Every business entity has a mark an identifier to instill a memorable transaction—a Brandmark?

This class will cover the differences between a lexicon, an avatar, a mark in identity creation. It is not a logo class.

The course is an exploration of identity from traditional type and marks into compositions that compel, communicate and stand out from the clutter of identity systems that are slowing becoming clip art in design and appearance.

Portfolio Accelerator and Job Preparation
GRC 198B Sec. 006, [#29596]
W, 6–9:40 pm, Cheyenne


This course is GRC 294B, accelerated; not your typical portfolio prep class.

Students will explore what a really portfolio is supposed to be, learning vital tools and skills to accelerate their portfolio for a memorable, impressionable tool.

All will be required to explore options of manufacturing / developing their own custom vehicle to showcase their talents and create, design and establish key elements for them to go after their dream position or project

If you have any questions, contact Dan McElhattan at
dan@m3ad.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hello and Happy New Year everyone,
    Once in a lifetime as professionals or teachers get the chance to have such an opportunity to develop or teach our favorite subject, I love design, I am a professional designer for over 19 years, and alot of my fellow designers, employees, clients have asked me for years about having a class on Logo and identity development. GRC 198 - Brandmark is this class. Not to brag, but for those of you who may not know me, my design work is published in 26 international design publications including the new Master Series Library for LogoLounge by Bill Garner. Joe Duffy of Duffy design group picked three of my logos to win awards in AIGA Las Vegas X show.
    I have interned with Margo Chase, lectured at University of Arizona with Pentagram Kit Hinrichs, and I’m the founding member of AIGA Las Vegas chapter and last year I was honored by InBusiness in their Top 40 under 40. I look forward o meeting you and if you’re as passionate as I am about design and logo development - you don’t want to miss this opportunity!

    MThree

    ReplyDelete